
Lucky, by Alice Sebold. 300 pages
In Alice Sebold's story Lucky, a girl, Alice, is raped right from the get go of the book. This story shows how she has to live this memory and the struggles it brings to her. This book in my opinion wasn’t the best. Throughout reading the book I thought it was grim, dark and unhopeful. The depth of the story was very depressing for me. On a positive note the novel was actually a very realistic and descriptive book. Alice Sebold told her story well she did a god job at showing readers what happened and making us feel the pain that she was in. But the feelings were so deep I felt like there was absolutely no hope for her to move on with her life. You will have to read this book to see if she can yourself.
A memorable character was definitely Alice. There weren’t many main characters because it was of her life; it was constantly changing so she wasn’t with one person for very long. Throughout her story she did have help and support from many people but truthfully this was something she had to deal with by herself. She was strong for a young girl who had to go through all of this. My estimation of her writing purpose is that she wanted to enlighten young women. She wanted to open people’s eyes to the fact that this can happen to anyone, and how you deal with it will affect how you move on. I personally didn’t think that worked it made me feel depressed and unhappy. I know it’s not a happy topic but it just didn’t make me more aware than I already am. Though I don’t like dark books like this, if that’s what kind of books you like I highly recommend this for you.

Many grammatical errors. This book sounds boring.
ReplyDeletei would not like to read this book because by reading the review it kind of depress and not my type of book.
ReplyDeleteIsabel B
Sounds like a very tough and depressing book. I don't think that I could ever read a book so powerful as this.
ReplyDeleteThis sounds really depressing.
ReplyDeleteThis book sounds super depressing; I don't think I could manage to read a book that was so dark.
ReplyDeleteThis review did not compel me to read the book at all, although I'm sure it could be a worthwhile read.
ReplyDeleteThe book I read for the 3rd Quarter was by Alice Sebold also. She is a great writer. She makes you feel like your actually in the story.
ReplyDeleteThis book seems interesting but depressing.
ReplyDelete