By Nicholas Pileggi
320 pages
Wiseguys is a Mafia story through and through. It focuses on the life of Henry Hill, a half-Irish, half-Sicilian, Mafia member. Wise Guy pulls no punches as it goes through in intimate detail of the wild life of Henry Hill. It shows in crystal-clear detail his life as a bona fide mobster; his fast lifestyle, his wife, his various mistresses, his Mafia code of honor, and most of of all, his violence.
After being implicated in a drug bust, Henry Hill turned to the FBI for protection. After being put into witness protection, his testimonials against his former employers put away more than a dozen head crime lords of the Lucchese family. To this day, the mob is still hunting him for what he unveiled in court; hundreds of crimes ranging from theft, to arson, extortion, and to the Lufthansa robbery, the biggest successful cash robbery in U.S. history.
Pileggi details in clarity the life of Henry Hill. The book is a riveting read, and will hold your attention the whole time. The book is a roller-coaster of violence, conspiracy, and intrigue all wrapped up in 320 pages. I would definitely recommend this one to all those interested in the Mafia.

it is books like this that just give one the desire to bust out the gat and demand protection money, you know?
ReplyDeleteI wish I was in the mafia
ReplyDeleteThis one time at band camp I almost joined the mafia. I had two muffins, but I ate one, now I only have one.
ReplyDeleteI really want to see Godfather again now.
ReplyDeleteWhat makes this different/better than the Sopranos and all the other mafia culture stuff out there
ReplyDeletesounds like a pretty good book
ReplyDelete