Maus
by Art Spiegelman
The book Maus by Art Spiegelman is a comic book like novel about mice and cats in the holocaust when Adolf Hitler was trying to take over. The mice in this comic are the Jews and the cats are the Nazis. It starts with a Jewish mouse, Artie, who is a writer/journalist and asks his father, who was in concentration camps, about his story in the camps and how he survived. I found this story very interesting, not just because it was written in comic strips, but also because it was told in a different point of view, mice and cats. The novel was also made into a second comic book, Maus 2, continuing the story from the first. I know I will definitely read the second book to find out what happens. I would recommend this book to someone that is interested in pictures and graphics as they read, and also someone that is interested in the war or what happened in some of the concentration camps. Michelle R p.159

Mice and cats? Seems interesting!
ReplyDelete